I have a tendency to worry.
If you’re reading this, I assume you can relate.
Maybe you worry about the future instead of enjoying the present. Maybe you worry about making a mistake, worry about what people think of you, or worry about totally irrational things. I get it.
Whatever you worry about, I want you to know that Jesus came so that you could experience true peace. This peace isn’t the kind that’s found while sitting by the ocean, it’s not the kind that’s found while walking in the wilderness, and it’s not the kind that’s found on a lazy Saturday morning in bed.
As Paul writes in Philippians 4:7, God’s peace is a peace that 'transcends all understanding'.
There is no substitute for God’s word and presence.
So if you’re worrying today, I encourage you to find a quiet place with God:
- Turn on the worship music
- Read your bible
- Pray, and ask God to bring peace into your heart
For those moments when you feel stressed out, worried, or just downright anxious, I’ve put together a list of 15 scriptures to remind you of God’s peace.
1. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
2. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
- 1 Peter 5:7 NIV
3. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 NIV
4. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
- Proverbs 3:5-6
5. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV
6. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
- Luke 12:24-26 NIV
7. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- Joshua 1:9 NIV
8. The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?
- Psalm 118:6 NLT
9. You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
- Isaiah 26:3 NLT
10. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Psalm 23:4 NIV
11. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Isaiah 41:10 NIV
12. I lift up my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
- Psalm 121:1-2 NIV
13. You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
- Isaiah 26:3 NIV
14. The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?
- Psalm 27:1 NIV
15. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
- Colossians 3:15 NIV
I pray that these scriptures would serve as a great source of comfort and as reminders of the peace God has for you. Save the image below so that you can commit the scriptures to memory and refer to them when you're feeling worried or anxious.
FREE 5-DAY SALT + LIGHT BIBLE STUDY!
Enter your details to get access to the free, online bible study
- A 5-day study through Matthew 5:13-16
- Discover what Jesus meant when he said we are to be salt and light in the world
- Video studies sent to your inbox each day
- Develop a habit of daily bible study time
- Grow deeper in your faith